Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Going Green, breakfast style


As some of you may know, St. Patricks Day holds another meaning for me other than leprechauns, pots-o-gold, and drunken Irishmen; It would be the day I celebrate my birth. Yes ma'am, 25. I'm not kidding myself, apart only to Abor Day and Presidents Day, it's probably the lamest holiday the year offers, but it had made me feel cool growing up saying, "I was born on St. Patricks Day." Then have people look at me wide-eyed in amazment. A little extra attention on a birthday never hurts.
We started out the big day with a tradition I remember from my youth, green St. Patricks Day breakfast. One thing that I noted making and eating my green meal was how totally unappetizing food looks when it's green. However as a youngster, and for my kiddos it was just fun to eat. We had green waffels, green eggs, and green milk.
Then my husband took us out for a day on the town. We shopped around, then come 5:00 we dropped the childrens off to the in-laws and I had an evening out with the husband (It's always nice to have some adult time). One of my favorite parts this year was Issy's excitment for the holiday, she had learned about it in preschool, and had to notify all who came our way that it was St.Patricks Day and her mom's birthday.


3 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah, the green food is a bit of a turn off isn't it?
Hope you had a great Birthday!

The Jensen's said...

Happidy Birthday! Agreed with yucky green food. Reminds this wee one of mold. (I was trying to sound irish...)

Email me your address so I can invite ya to my blog!
4jensens@skyviewmail.com

Robyn Reynolds said...

What a cute mommy you are. Happy Birthday! I guess I missed it. oops.