Monday, March 30, 2009

She did it!

This past weekend was filled with grand ol' times. I went out fri. night with my lady freinds for a pleasurable evening at the Comedy Sports in Provo, (recomend it to anyone, it's hilarious and clean) then afterward headed to an Italian place a few doors down for some gelato (fancy name for really good ice cream stuff.) It was a blast to catch up (person to person, nonblog) style. Sorry, no pics of the event.
Then...
Saturday was a big day at our house. Issy finally completed her first chore chart. A few months back we had started this chart giving her morning tasks such as making bed, brushing teeth, getting dressed, and getting hair done. And evening tasks such as cleaning playroom, brushing teeth, going "potties", and getting on jammies. So every morning/night as she did as asked, she would get a sticker to put on her chart. My hopes were that she would get to the point that she would just do these things on her own without needing help or being asked. Then I would move her onto bigger chores like fixing meals, cleaning out rain gutters, and spongebathing her father. Generally a month has 30 days, give or take + two separate day/night chores = a grand total of 60 stickers to earn in a months time, or so I thought. There were many mornings we had to rush out early, and nights we came home too late to actually get chores done. So it took just under two months to do it, but she finished this past week. She was thrilled! ( and I didn't know if it was because she got to finally pick out a prize, or because she thought the chart was complete and she'd never have to clean her playroom again) not wanting to spoil the moment I didn't mention that it was only the beginning of the rest of her life as my little slave. Issy chose to go to a movie as her reward. So we took her to see Monsters and Aliens. She got herself a drink , treats, and a large popcorn with extra butter. It was, in my opinonation, tops.

Example of how issy makes her own bed. This particular morning she hadn't slept with her own bedding because of an "accident". I let her make it how she wants, it's cute, but i'm confident as she learns one day it will be a little more neat and tidy.




The chart in all it's completion glory!


Sheer enthusiasm!

Here is one of Alyza just to through onto the end because I think she is so wonderfully cute!

4 comments:

Jeff and Emily said...

Ok so looking at that adorable chart you made gave me serious flashbacks. Remember the name game? Well that's what I thought of. Oh and good job to Issy! That is quite the accomplishment. I can't wait til I have kids to turn into slaves.. One can dream:)

Kim said...

What !? I did't know about any Sports club and dinner! All I ever get is after hours late night movies! I'm deeply offended....
And I hope Issy gets at LEAST 5 stickers for the sponge baths....

Mandy said...

Ya Issy Busy!! I love you and am so proud you are learning your lot in life early!! hahahaha. Sariah- please don't mention to my kids that there can be rewards for chores or I am in MONDO trouble!! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I crack myself up!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Looking at the chore chart brought some memories back to me as well. I love you as an artist! You are great!