Thursday, April 9, 2009

Man's Night

Jake had an exciting night last weekend. He plays on our ward basketball team. He never misses Tuesday night basketball at the stake center. Starting in January each ward in the stake put together their own teams to compete in some good ol' church ball. It's funny to see Jake with his team, he's got to be the only one under Six feet tall. The should call themselves "Jake and the Giants." However, being shorter has it's perks, My friend Amanda brought to my attention the "speed" on my man, He's got zip! Friday night the 1st ward ballers made it to playoffs and won themselves title of "Champions!"

And if that's not enough to make a man want to turn in early for the night in contentment...

My man did just the opposite, he pulled an all nighter with his friends in the (read in headgear lisp voice) semi-annual x-box extravaganza experience.

That's right folks, X-box.


Here are the x-boxians themselves.

I don't quit understand it myself, but it's amazing how unifying this gaming system is. Whatever stage of life men are in: married, single, fathers, and bums, it's like when they gather around this piece of technology nothing else matters. And believe you me, I mean nothing. Sometimes I think my husband forgets my very existence as his wife while in the gamers mode. Or maybe it's just he forgets how to listen to the sound of my voice when i speak at him. Whatever it is, the guys had a blast! Lucky for him I love his friends so I'm down with them X-boxing it up on occasion. It was the night of all nights for him.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I don't get it either. I think a more worthwhile use of an all night-er is insane amounts of pop corn, a chick flick in the background, and some nice side splitting-roll-off-the -couch laughing....but that's just me ;)

Makell and David said...

Hey Girl tell Jake Congrats on the win and that he is nuts for staying up late. I remember when i use to be able to do that(when i was younger)not anymore. Looks like all is going well. I miss you

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

"read in headgear lisp voice"...ha ha ha, you crack me up!