Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's Been Years!

This past weekend Jake and I celebrated our fifth year anniversary. It's so interesting because five years sounds like a big marriage milestone but, it feels like I've been with him longer. I can't hardly remember a time without my best friend around. We had some wonderful family members take our children over the weekend giving us two days and a night mono e mono. I missed my ladies, but it was nice being free from mommydom to focus on my man. We chose to spend our time Thursday getting projects around the house done ( I know what your thinking...LAME! But it was quite enjoyable. I guess you know you've been a mom/wife of a couple years when you spend special occasions kid-free working on the house... by choice.) Saturday morning we slept in (a distant memory of the past), then left to spend the day out.
First I stopped by Calli's ever stylish home for Emily's Baby Shower. I was able to spend some enjoyable female time.



Our newest Mommy friend Emily was all lit up and looked more beautiful than ever. Her newly adopted Milo baby is as about as cute as the come, full of features and all. He is the most content little thing, which was wonderful for the women's cause we all took a turn, or two, or three, holding him.



After all that fun, my hub and I thought it most appropriate to start our days celebration back to the place where it all began...



...OK, OK so we where actually married in the Salt Lake Temple, but we figured this was close enough. We chose to do sealings that day. It was especially neat to sit through it again on this special day and hear the covenants and promises we had made to one-another and our Heavenly Father five years ago. Kneeling across from Jake on our wedding day was definitely exciting and spiritual, but this time it was moving to be looking into the eyes of my Sweetheart with years, depth and hard work behind us. Jake truly is my everything.

We ended our day and weekend off with dinner and a movie. It was so fun to have him to myself for a bit, a much needed couple of days.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

first of all, you could have just cut me out of the pic...oh well. I agree that little milo is the cutest little guy. It was good to see all you girls. We also just had an anniversary!!

Carly said...

Sariah, I loved seeing you the other day! What a great post. I love it when people goo about their husbands!

Meggie Stevens said...

Wow 5 years that is great. Marty and I will hit the 7 year mark this November. Hopefully that 7 year itch doesn't kick in? We need to get the girls together. Chloe keeps asking me when she can see Sariah's Izzy? Maybe we can do another day when Jake Drops her off in the morning and picks her up when he is done with work. Let me know what you think!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Happy Anniversary! Five years is such a long time. Don't worry, it gets easier, I promise. Ha Ha Ha just kidding!

Unknown said...

5 years.....most people don't get along as well as you two after 25 years!
I want to be just like you when I grow up!

(If you dare remind me that I am in fact already a grown up, rapidly approaching the "other side of the hill" even, I will never speak to you again!)


OK, I'll probably still speak to you.......

but definitely with some hidden resentment.....


Ok, you can pretty much say anything you want om me. I'm still gonna love ya!
Happy Anniversary! Tell Jake thanks for helping to make mine the best one EVER!

Unknown said...

This is not Adam by the way. I just forgot to log in under mine name before I posted.
~Kim

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you did something fun. 5 years! That's an accomplishment! I'm really happy that you posted that picture... I happen to be the ONLY one looking in the wrong direction. Beautiful. You and Jake seem to have a great relationship. I love the way you talked about him here.. and I hope he knows he's got quite the catch. Congrats!