Monday, September 28, 2009

Back to Preschool

Isabella just started back up at preschool a few (5) weeks ago.
This year we are doing something a little different, we are involved in a neighborhood group preschool. There are Six moms and six kids, three boys and three girls. Each mother gets the kids two times a week every six weeks. I have already taken my turn for the first go-round, and I really enjoyed being the teacher! I look forward to playing a bigger part of her schooling this year.
This time of year I recall one of my favorite things growing up to do from year to year was to take my current school pictures home and hold it up to my previous years pic. and compare and make note of the growing changes I had made in the past years time: The year my nose grew a few inches, the first year my blond hair looked drab and dark , then the following year it was bright blond again thanks to a personal friend of mine we'll just call El' Bleach-o. I had always delighted seeing my changes and knowing that I was growing up.
So this year I thought I would make such a comparison to my Issy. This years first day to last years first day:



















It seems more than just Isabell has made some changes.

I guess Being on the mom end of this whole yearly comparison process is a little more bittersweet than TOTALLY satisfying.


Now If I could only do some intervening comparisons with Issy with what it looks like when I dress her and when she dresses herself.



But alas, i suppose I get a pretty big kick out of seeing what she can come up with!

12 comments:

Makell and David said...

I can't believe how big your girls are. My how time flies. Yes you were so right on the boy thing i figured it was a boy he is a Rogers thats all they have in their family. I will be inviting you to a shower it will probably be a family shower cuz so far i don't think i am having a just friends shower but i will for sure let you know.

Meggie Stevens said...

Finally a new post. I check back regularly so when you are slacking I really get upset. It looks like you had some fun trips. It was fun hanging out the other night!

Michelle said...

I am so sad I wasn't able to go out with you guys this week. Your kiddies are so cute. I love the pic of her with her backpack...so cute!

Calli Hayman said...

Hi beautiful- your pics are so cute! Im jealous :o) and you now have a preschool-er! Thats crazy! Im sad i missed the girls night i really wanted to see everyone, we'll have to do another one real soon!!

Robyn Reynolds said...

Your girls are so cute and so big. Your trips look fun. I am glad I got to see you the other day.

Sariah said...

You are the Hottest, funniest, freindliest gal...
I'm glade to call you self.

Sariah said...

Huh, who knew you could post on your own page?!

Sariah said...

Don't mind me, I just changed my profile pic. a couple of times and wanted to make sure it worked.

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

That's fun that Isabell is now in preschool. Both your girls are so cute!

Becky Jones said...

I love that last picture where Izzy dressed herself. When she came over that day I thought to myself that there was no way mom picked out the outfit. She is so cute!!!

Kim said...

I think you and Jake changed more than Izzy. And Alyza is a given. It's hard not to notice the difference between a 7 month old and a 19 month old.
She's still a cutie pie!
PS I MISS YOU!

Kim said...

PPS What the heck is that profile picture?!