Thursday, February 19, 2009


!st Birthday!
My baby just turned One, this first year of her little life has flown by! She has been such a joy. Here are some of my Fav things about Alyza.
#1- From day one she has been such a snuggle. she has always been content to sit on my lap or in my arms and just chill.
#2- Her passion is food, I'm convinced, if I did nothing else but feed, the child could eat all day. It wasn't till just recently that I even found anything that she hadn't liked. She has been known to clean hers and Issy's plate clean.
#3- She is a dad's girl. She gets excited each time she sees Jake and crys if he passes by without picking her up.
#4- She is easy going 95% of the time, however the other 5%, if there is a big sister bugging her, or food in sight NOT entering her mouth hole, she will sound her little squeel alarm.
#5- She loves books and being read to. When books are in sight she will nod her head
"yes" and either sign book or say "bo,bo". In fact she fell asleep tonight with her arms wrapped around an animal board book".
I'm excited to continue to watch her grow and become her own little person.

5 comments:

Robyn Reynolds said...

One year. That is crazy. She is so cute. You live so close we need to get together.

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Alyza is getting so big! Isn't sad how fast they grow up . I love seeing your updates of your cute family.

Kim said...

Aw, a fellow book worm.
Hailey used to sit and look at books for hours and babble to herself like she was reading. Don;t know where she got it though-certainly not from me!

Mandy said...

Oh how I love you Alyza!! You melt me heart. I can't believe she is 1!!! Ahhh. Where does all the time go? Although, I'm glad to know it's not just my kids that wake up every morning a year older (I swear that's what it feels like). I'm so glad Alyza is a part of my family, and that her first sentence was "I love my favorite Aunt Mandy". I love you too little one!!

Meggie Stevens said...

Happy Birthday Lyza! How is everything with you and Jakey poo? I was going to plan a girls night again this month, but Emerson has pnemonia so I will probably be out of commission for a few weeks with him. Talk to you soon