Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Something Old, Something New


This past week and a half has had some down's and up's. Why I say it in that order Because on the 20th of Feb. was the down. Our Cinder puppy (a gift to Isabella on her 2nd Birhtday, and named ((by Issy)) "Cinderella" after the Disney Princess) Was hit by a car and killed. It was our own fault really, we had let her out without putting her on her chain. We had become over confident in her. She would scratch on the door to go out, then after doing her business, and visiting a few canine friends in the area would always return home. Jake and I thought it was cute that she had an agenda. Needless to say we were a pretty sad family.
Now for the up.
Our sweet neighbors the Wahnschaffe's had recently recieved a Schnauzer. They, already having a previous dog, now with two, decided to give us their schnauzer. So we went from owners of a black princess schnauzer, to a white boy schnauzer. Keeping with tradition we let Isabella name him. Gratefully instead of Prince Charming or something close along those lines, She picked Koda. She herself keeping with her own little tradition of names from her favorite Disney's. Koda being from Brother Bear. We have loved Him. He has a sweet little face and personality. He fits in perfectly here at our house.

5 comments:

A-Side 45 said...

Sorry to hear about the passing of Cinderella. I'm an animal lover myself having had 5 Dogs and 8 Cats in my lifetime. They become a part of the family and take on their own little personalities. I had a dog named Snoopy who lived to the age of 19. He had been hit twice and had to have a metal plate inserted into his hip and the next time he got hit I was on my way to school and happened to see him, he wasn't so lucky this time sadly. He had been a dog that stayed around the house, but on that day he must have been in the mood to explore.

Meggie Stevens said...

I'm sorry that Cinder died. Isn't that so hard to tell your kids that their pet died. Tinkerbell died a few months ago, and it was so hard to tell Chloe. I made Marty do it. Koda is cute though. It looks like you had a lot of fun up in Star Valley. Remember when I went with you and we spoke the language of the deer? Iky iky ooo, Iky iky ooo! So funny. I tell Chloe all the time that I know how to speak to the deer. And she believes me!!!

The Jensen's said...

So sorry to hear about your puppy! :(

Robyn Reynolds said...

That is so sad :( It's good you got a new one though.

Kim said...

Koda's a CUTE name!SO....no bows for this one I guess, but maybe Jake will buy him a blue hoodie. ;)